What is a Zip Code?
A ZIP Code is a postal code that is used by the United States Postal Service. It was introduced in 1963, the basic format comprised of five digits. However, an extended ZIP+4 code was introduced in 1983. It comprised of five digits of the ZIP Code having a hyphen and four digits that designated a more specific location.
What is a Postal Code?
A postal code is also locally known as postcode, ZIP code, postcode, or PIN in different English-speaking countries throughout the world. It is a series of digits or letters or both, and sometimes it also involves the use of spaces or punctuation added in a postal address in order to sort mail.
The characters that can be used in postal codes are:
Letters of the ISO basic Latin alphabet
The Arabic numerals 0 to 9
There are many different synonyms of postal code:
- CAP: The standard term used in Italy.
- Eircode: The standard term used in Ireland.
- CEP: The standard term used in Brazil.
- NPA: The standard term used in Italian-speaking Switzerland and French-speaking Switzerland.
- PIN: The standard term used in India.
- Postal Code: The general term used in Canada.
- PLZ: The standard term used in Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, and German-speaking Switzerland.
- Postcode: It is popular in many English-speaking countries.
- ZIP Code: The standard term used in the United States and the Philippines.
- PSC: The standard term used in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
In February 2023, 117 of the 190 member countries of the Universal Postal Union had postal code systems. There were only a few postal code systems that are alphanumeric, and most of them are numeric. Usually, postal codes are assigned to geographical areas.
Finding Your Postal Code
Country Zipcode is a platform where you can find your current location, zipcode, Pincode, postal code, and more. It is easy to do it with just a few clicks. First of all, choose the country, and you will get a list of administrative divisions of that country. Then you will need to select the area where you want to send the post. Find the list of available zip codes for the specific location.
If you are not sure about the country or the administrative division, the country/region is missing from the list. Enter the address into the search at the top of the page for zipcode lookup. Moreover, use our country map to find the zip / postal code you are looking for.
What is Postal code lookup?
Postal code lookup is the process to finding the geographic area, city and other information associated with a specific postal code. for example – US Zipcode 12345 is belong to Schenectady, New York. so This information can be used to validate a mailing address. By our Postal code lookup tool, user can find the postal code information of all countries